Week of January 3 - 6
Happy New Year Kindergarten families!
We hope you all had a restful Christmas break and got to spend time with family and friends! We missed the children over the holidays and we can't wait to see what the new year will bring!
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Janice
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite toy
Letter of the week: D
Number of the week: 12
- No School
Show & Tell: Samuel
- P.E. with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Janice
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
Show & Tell: Ethan
- Music with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Jordan
- Assembly @ 9 am
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use "My Reading" book, "Readwell" book, and books from home
- Fun Friends SEL Program: Review Session #1- #8
- Library Books- due every Monday
- Quiet Time blankets/towels- We had sent their blankets/towels home to be washed over the break. Please send them back with your child to use for our Quiet Time
- Winter Wear- Winter has come into full swing! Kindergarten is "Every day ready" and we go out regardless of the weather. Please ensure your child comes to school with a thick jacket, scarves, boots, mittens/gloves and toques to wear while outside. Without the proper attire, we unfortunately cannot let them go out to play.
- Tissue Box- Winter brings both the cold weather and the sniffles! We ask you to send an unopened box of tissues to share with the class. Please put your child's name on it so we know who to thank for the tissues!
- Thursday, January 19th- Kindergarten Field Trip to Loblaws Grocery Store for a Nutrition Tour (More information to come)
- Wednesday, January 25th- St. Paul Feast Day
- Wednesday - Friday, February 1st - 3rd- Scholastic Book Fair
- Friday, February 3rd- Kindergarten lead assembly
- Thursday & Friday, February 9th - 10th- Catholic Educators Conference - No School
- Monday, February 13th- Family Day - No School
- Tuesday, February 14th- Valentine's Day - Red-White-Pink Dress down
- Wednesday, February 22nd- Anti-Bullying Day - Pink Shirt Dress down
Please let us know if you have an questions, comments or concerns!
Miss Costales & Miss Guevara