WEEK OF JANUARY 16 - 20
Hi Kindergarten Families,
Last week we enjoyed a visit from Father Mark, went on a nature walk, and enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather outdoors! The children have fallen nicely into the classroom routines. This week we look forward to our class fieldtrip to Loblaws. Thank you to all the volunteer parent drivers. Please be sure to sign the parent driver forms and send them back to school by Tuesday, January 17th.
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Nathan
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite toy
Letter of the week: J
Number of the week: 13
Show & Tell: Mateo
- Hot Lunch
- PE with our Grade 7 Buddies
- French with Mme. Caprilli
- Library with Miss Costales & Miss Guevara
Show & Tell: Frederick
- P.E. with Mr. Kelly
- Loblaws fieldtrip driver forms due
Show & Tell: Cody
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Fieldtrip to Loblaws
- Assembly led by Grades 4 & 1 @ 9 am
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use "My Reading" book, "Readwell" book, and books from home)
- Fun Friends SEL Program: Review Session #1-#9
- Library Books- due every Monday
- Quiet Time blankets/towels- We had sent their blankets/towels home to be washed over the break. Please send them back with your child to use for our Quiet Time
- Loblaws Field Driver Trip Form- A drivers form for our upcoming field trip to the grocery store has been sent home with all parent volunteer drivers. Please return the form by this Tuesday, January 17th
- Birthday Invitations- just a friendly reminder that we are happy to pass out birthday invittaions at school if, and only if, the whole class is invited. If this is not the case, please find an alternate way of handing out the invitations. If you did not recieve Jordan's birthday invitation in your child's homework folder, please send us an e-mail and we will be sure to place one in your child's folder.
- Class E-mail- Please reply to our e-mail regarding sharing parent e-mail addresses. We have had many inquires about the class list and need all parents permission to forward this information on. Thank you.
- Winter Wear- Winter has come into full swing! Kindergarten is "Every day ready" and we go out regardless of the weather. Please ensure your child comes to school with a thick jacket, scarves, boots, mittens/gloves and toques to wear while outside. Without the proper attire, we unfortunately cannot let them go out to play.
- Tissue Box- Winter brings both the cold weather and the sniffles! We ask you to send an unopened box of tissues to share with the class. Please put your child's name on it so we know who to thank for the tissues!
Parking Lot Update:
- Kindergarten is not affected by these changes, as parents may continue to use the front school parking lot
- However, please read Mrs. Moorehead's e-mail regarding parking lot closures and changes to traffic for the rest of the school.
- Thursday, January 19th- Kindergarten Field Trip to Loblaws Grocery Store for a Nutrition Tour
- Wednesday, January 25th- St. Paul Feast Day
- Friday, January 27th- Cozy Winter Wear Dress Down Day
- Wednesday - Friday, February 1st - 3rd- Scholastic Book Fair
- Friday, February 3rd- Kindergarten lead assembly
- Thursday & Friday, February 9th - 10th- Catholic Educators Conference - No School
- Monday, February 13th- Family Day - No School
- Tuesday, February 14th- Valentine's Day - Red-White-Pink Dress down
- Wednesday, February 22nd- Anti-Bullying Day - Pink Shirt Dress down
Please let us know if you have an questions, comments or concerns!
Miss Costales & Miss Guevara
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org