Week of January 23 - 27
Last week we enjoyed our field trip to Loblaws! The children learned a lot about the 4 food groups and healthy eating! We even had a healthy snack of Dragonfruit and Clementines. Thank you to the parents (and grandparents!) who took time out of their busy schedules to accompany us to the grocery store! This week, we look forward celebrating St. Paul's Feast Day and a Dress Down Day!
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Lucas
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite book
Letter of the week: N
Number of the week: 14
Show & Tell: Jadon
- Hot Lunch
- PE with our Grade 7 Buddies
- French with Mme. Caprilli
- Library with Miss Costales & Miss Guevara
Show & Tell: Inigo
- P.E. with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Caelyn
- Mass @ 11 am
- St. Paul Feast Day Celebration in the Gym - Parents and families are welcome to join the festivities after Mass
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Dress Down Day - Come dressed in your Cozy Winter Wear
- Assembly led by Grades 7 & 3 @ 9 am
- Digital Literacy with Mrs. Melvin
- Buddy Time with Grade 6's
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use "My Reading" book, "Readwell" book, and books from home)
- Fun Friends SEL Program: Review Session #1-#9
- Library Books- due every Monday
- Class E-mail- Please reply to our e-mail regarding sharing parent e-mail addresses. We have had many inquires about the class list and need all parents permission to forward this information on. Thank you.
- Winter Wear- Winter has come into full swing! Kindergarten is "Every day ready" and we go out regardless of the weather. Please ensure your child comes to school with a thick jacket, scarves, boots, mittens/gloves and toques to wear while outside. Without the proper attire, we unfortunately cannot let them go out to play.
- Tissue Box- Winter brings both the cold weather and the sniffles! We ask you to send an unopened box of tissues to share with the class. Please put your child's name on it so we know who to thank for the tissues!
Parking Lot Update:
- Kindergarten is not yet affected by these changes, as parents may continue to use the front school parking lot
- However, please read Mrs. Moorehead's e-mail regarding parking lot closures and changes to traffic for the rest of the school.
- Wednesday, January 25th- St. Paul Feast Day
- Friday, January 27th- Cozy Winter Wear Dress Down Day
- Wednesday - Friday, February 1st - 3rd- Scholastic Book Fair
- Friday, February 3rd- Kindergarten lead assembly
- Thursday & Friday, February 9th - 10th- Catholic Educators Conference - No School
- Monday, February 13th- Family Day - No School
- Tuesday, February 14th- Valentine's Day - Red-White-Pink Dress down
- Wednesday, February 22nd- Anti-Bullying Day - Pink Shirt Dress down
Please let us know if you have an questions, comments or concerns!
Miss Costales & Miss Guevara