Dear Grade Two Families,
We had jam-packed week getting a chance to play with our cars while learning more about force and friction, going through the Gold Book and starting our town for Social Studies. We've started learning about landforms, and they even got to make a few during their French class. Our Friday, we received a very exciting letter from one of the seminarians we pray for as a class. There are three seminarians that we pray for, and we wrote letters to them before the Christmas break. The students pray for them every single day (usually coupled with hopes that they write back), so we were thrilled that we heard back from them. The children were very surprised to hear that he's super tall, and were touched to know that he is praying for the Grade Two class and their First Communion preparation.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with the new drop off and pick up procedures. The children were very excited about it the first Monday. We have quite enjoyed seeing each other in the lot, even before getting into the classroom. If you do not have a child in Kindergarten or Grade One, I encourage all of you to use the back lot as it will become the norm soon. Please continue to read Mrs. Moorehead's emails to stay up-to-date with all the updates and changes.
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Leron
Monday, Jan. 23
- Bring Gold Books
- Hot lunch
Tuesday, Jan. 24
- Return Library books
- Speech Arts Poems Due
- If your child chose poetry, please make sure they bring in two poems
- I will let them know by the end of the day which poem they will be doing
- Field Trip to the Richmond Museum and Library
- Parent Drivers: please be there at 11:50 am so we can leave promptly at 12:00 pm
- Parent Supervisors: you are welcome to meet us there at 12:15 pm
- Regular dismissal at 3 pm
Wednesday, Jan. 25
- Spelling Check Up
- Feast Day Celebration ~ please join us!
- We will have a school Mass at 11 am
- If you are joining us, please pick up your child when we enter the gym and don't forget your lunch
- Please make sure your child is seated while in the gym (not walking around and talking to their friends)
- If you are unable to make it, your child will eat with the other Grade Two students
- There will be fun entertainment after lunch
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
- First Communion Meeting at 6:45 pm in the parish centre gym
Thursday, Jan. 26
- New spelling list goes home
- Gold Books go home and stay home until Monday
- Art Club for those involved
Friday, Jan. 27
- Dress Down Day - Cozy Winter Clothes
- Assembly led by Grade 7 & 3 ~ please join us!
Saturday, Jan. 28
- First Communion Mass at 5 pm
- Please come dresssed in your Sunday best (no play clothes, runners or jeans)
- Don't forget to sign in at the back of the church when you arrive
Please email me or write me a note in your child's agenda if you have any questions or concerns.