JANUARY 30 - FEBRUARY 3
Dear Grade Two Families,
It was so wonderful seeing many of you on our field trip and at our Feast Day celebration! We had beautiful and moving conversations about St. Paul and what he has done for the Catholics back then and how it continues to impact us today. We read about and discussed the life of St. Paul, and as we were talking about his death, a student remarked that he was sad becuase St. Paul was defeated. While many in the class also said they felt sad, some of their peers pointed out that St. Paul wasn't defeated at all. Instead, he won because he was with God in heaven and helped bring many people to Jesus. Their childlike faith never ceases to inspire and amaze, and is blessing to witness in the classroom!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Rylynn
Monday, Jan. 30
- Bring Gold Books
- Return Friday Letters
- Hot lunch
Tuesday, Jan. 31
- Return Library books
- Reading Activity starts
- It is very similar to Home Reading, except they get to choose different books and have a reading activity to do
- The activity will already be in the folder when it goes home
- The Reading Activity will go home on Tuesday then returned to school by Thursday. Then it will go home again on Friday and will be returned to school on Monday.
- If they finish before Thursday, they are welcome to bring it to school already.
- Please continue to sign the record sheet and make sure
Wednesday, Feb. 1
- Spelling Check Up for List 16
- First Communion Meeting at 6:45 pm in the parish centre gym
- Scholastic Book Fair ~ 8:45 am - 2:30 pm
- No new library books will go home today because of the book fair
Thursday, Feb. 2
- New spelling list goes home
- Gold Books go home and stay home until Monday
- Reading Activity due
- Art Club for those involved
- Scholastic Book Fair ~ 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
Friday, Feb. 3
- Assembly led by Grade 6 & K ~ please join us!
- Reading Activity goes home
- Scholastic Book Fair ~ 8:45 am - 10:30 am
Saturday, Feb. 4
- First Communion Mass at 5 pm
- Please come dresssed in your Sunday best (no play clothes, runners or jeans)
- Don't forget to sign in at the back of the church when you arrive
Please email me or write me a note in your child's agenda if you have any questions or concerns.