A Snowy February!
Hello Grade 5 Families,
Please note the following:
Monday, February 6th
- Field Trip -- Rescheduled for another day
- Hot Lunch for those who ordered
- Pit Pony chapter 3 summary
- French - No homework
- P.E. (Please remember P.E. strip and shoes)
Tuesday, February 7th
- Mrs. Jeffrey will supervise Grade 5’s on Grouse Mountain Trip (7:30 am)
- Mrs. Erhardt will be teaching Grade 3
- Please dress warmly
- Please bring a lunch
Wednesday, February 8th
- Pit Pony - 2 Paragraphs on Setting (Draft only)
- Early Dismissal (12:00PM) Please be prompt when picking up
- Students must answer the following questions for their paragraphs:
- 1) You have answered the following questions about the author’s life and background. Is the novel set in the author’s time period, or has she chosen to write about a different era? Is the novel set in a place that the author would be familiar with, or is it all fiction?
- 2) If the setting is real, what details are mentioned in the novel? (Example: names of cities and towns)
- 3) What is the most important setting in the novel? Why? Which events take place there?
- 4) Choose one scene from the novel that you found most striking or interesting. Explain why you are impressed with this scene.
Thursday, February 9th and Friday February 10th
- No school for students-Teachers attend the Catholic Educators Conference
Monday, February 13th
- Family Day - No School
Assignments DUE the week of February 13th to 17th
- Healthy Living Mind Map - Remember to fill the whole poster with research done at home and please include pictures
- Persuasive Advertisement - Fully coloured and fine lined
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.