WEEK OF FEBRUARY 13 - 17
Hi Kindergarten Families,
We hope everyone enjoyed a beautiful Family Day Longweekend! This week we look forward to celebrating Valentine's Day as well as our 100th day of school!
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Linden
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite book
Letter of the week: V
Number of the week: 16
- Family Day- No School
Show & Tell: Linden
- Valentine's Day
- Dress down day- students may wear red, pink, and white instead of their uniform
- Please bring in a shoebox for your children to decorate
- If your child is bringing a valentine treat for their friends- please ensure they are nut free. There are 31 students, and 5 teachers.
- P.E. with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Mia
- PE with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Kayla
- 100th Day of Kindergarten- we will be taking part in activities surrounding 100!
- Please bring your child's "100 day" project for a gallery walk in the afternoon
Show & Tell: Lucas
- 9:00 assembly
- Home reading: 10 to 15 minutes (please use "My Reading" book, "Readwell" book, and books from home)
- Fun Friends SEL Program: Session #11
- IXL: Choose an activity from any of the "Numbers and Counting" A.1 to B.10 section
- Brighouse Library Tour & Richmond Museum Permission Form: If you haven't already, please see the purple permission form & white library card application form in your child's homework folder. Please send it to school asap.
- The library card application form is optional, you do not need to sign and return this if your child does not want their own library card.
- The $4 cost written on the form is for reference, you do not need to send in money; apologies for any confusion it may have caused.
- Library Books- due every Monday
- Class E-mail- Please reply to our e-mail regarding sharing parent e-mail addresses. We have had many inquires about the class list and need all parents permission to forward this information on. Thank you.
Parking Lot Update:
- Kindergarten is not yet affected by these changes, as parents may continue to use the front school parking lot
- Please read Mrs. Moorehead's e-mail regarding parking lot closures and changes to traffic for the rest of the school
- The parking situation will be changing, so please continue to look for updates.
- Tuesday, February 14th- Valentine's Day - Red-White-Pink Dress down
- Thursday, February 16th- 100s Day - We will be celebrating 100 days of school. Please send 100 day project to school today.
- Wednesday, February 22nd- Anti-Bullying Day - Pink Shirt Dress down
- Thursday, February 23rd- Brighouse Library and Richmond Museum Field Trip
- Wednesday, March 1st- Ash Wednesday
Please let us know if you have an questions, comments or concerns!
Miss Costales & Miss Guevara