Week of February 20 - 24
Hi Kinder Families,
We hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! The children had a very exciting week! On Tuesday, we celebrated Valentine's Day in our pink, red and white dress down; making Valentine chains and cards. On Wednesday, Mrs. Headley came for a visit to help with our Community Helpers unit. She taught us all about how to keep our teeth clean and healthy, the children even went home with a new toothbrush! Thursday, we celebrated the 100th day of school! The kinders enjoyed creating their 100 fruit loops necklaces and 100 Day Crowns, and loved presenting their projects to one another! Thank you parents, in supporting your children with their 100 Day projects! They all looked great! And on Friday, we had our first visit with Mrs. Brown's dog, Milo! The kinders were thrilled to have Milo come! They were very inquistive and approached Milo with ease and enthusiasm!
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Allison
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite book
Letter of the week: Y
Number of the week: 17
Show & Tell: Nathan
- Hot Lunch
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- French with Mme. Caprilli
- Library with Miss Costales & Miss Guevara
Show & Tell: Samuel
- P.E. with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Janice
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Anti-Bullying Dress Down Day- students may wear a pink shirt instead of their uniform in support of anti-bullying and pro-kindness!
Show & Tell: Ethan
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Brighouse Library & Richmond Museum Field Trip @ 10:45 am - 1:30 pm - We are still in need of parent drivers! If you are available please let us know!
Show & Tell: Jordan
- 9:00 assembly
- Home reading: 10 to 15 minutes (please use "My Reading" book, "Readwell" book, and books from home)
- Fun Friends SEL Program: Session #12
- IXL: Choose an activity from any of the "Numbers and Counting" A.1 to C.20 section
- Library Books- due every Monday
- Brighouse Library Tour & Richmond Museum- We are still in need of parent drivers! If you are available please let us know!
- Class E-mail- Please reply to our e-mail regarding sharing parent e-mail addresses. We have had many inquires about the class list and need all parents permission to forward this information on. Thank you.
Parking Lot Update:
- Kindergarten is not yet affected by these changes, as parents may continue to use the front school parking lot
- Please review Mrs. Moorehead's e-mail regarding parking lot closures and changes to traffic for the rest of the school
- The parking situation will be changing, so please continue to look for updates.
- Wednesday, March 1st- Ash Wednesday - School Mass
- Thursday, March 9th- Communication Students Learning Reports sent home
- Friday, March 10th- Last day of School before Spring Break
- Monday, March 13th - Friday, March 24th- Spring Break
- Monday, March 27th- First Day Back after Spring Break
Please let us know if you have an questions, comments or concerns!
Miss Costales & Miss Guevara