Week of March 6 - 10
Hello Grade One Families!
Only one week until Spring Break! It is snowing at our house right now, but the calendar assures us that spring is just around the corner! As Msgr. Luterbach explained to the students on Ash Wednesday, the word "Lent" actually means springtime so we are excited to see our world wake up and shake off its winter sleep soon!
This is the first full week of Lent. We invite everyone to join us at 8:15am Mass. It was wonderful to see some Grade One students at Mass last week. Thank-you for making the effort to be at school a bit earlier! In the classroom we have been learning that the forty days of Lent are a time of changing our hearts to be more like Jesus. This week we will focus on prayer as a way of drawing us closer to the Lord.
Please note the following for this week:
Monday March 6
- PE class
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered
- Monday sharing group
Tuesday March 7-Science World Field Trip!
- arrive at school either for 8:15am Mass or 8:45am at the latest
- bring a morning snack in a disposable bag/wrapper in child's coat pocket
- bring a lunch in either a Ziploc bag or a paper bag clearly labelled with the student's name; all food containers must be disposable as we will not be bringing anything back with us; no backpacks are needed
- please leave agenda books, sharing, and home reading books at home
- we will take the bus back to school - leaving Science World at 2:00pm
- regular dismissal from the covered area at 3:00pm
Wednesday March 8
- Tuesday and Wednesday sharing groups
- PE class
Thursday March 9
- last day to return library books
- report cards home
Friday March 10
- return signed report card folders
- return all home reading ~ there will be no official home reading during the Spring Break and I encourage everyone to read for at least 15 minutes each day!
- PE class
- Friday sharing group
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
I hope that you all have a wonderful week ahead and a very enjoyable Spring Break! School will resume with 8:15am Mass on Monday March 27, 2017.