WEEK OF APRIL 17 - 21
Hi Kindergarten Parents,
Happy Easter! He is Risen! We hope you had a wonderful Easter long weekend with your families celebrating the Lord's journey to the cross and His resurrection.
Thank you to everyone who has registered for the Student-Led Conferences on Friday! This day is set aside to celebrate your child's accomplishments in the classroom and to give them an opportunity to show you their hard work. There will be several stations to visit during your half-hour appointment time. The Kinders are very excited to show you around our classroom! As this is your child's time in the classroom with you, please be sure to make childcare arrangements for preschool age siblings. While the teachers will be in the classroom, there are no scheduled parent/teacher meetings during this time. If you have any concerns about your child's progress, please be sure to set a meeting time with us for another day. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday!
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Hilary
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite stuffie
Letter of the week: Q
Number of the week: 23
- Easter Monday (No School)
Show & Tell: Mia
- P.E. with Miss Costales & Miss Guevara (Mr. Kelly @ Badminton)
- Anina's birthday- pizza lunch provided
- Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt
- Spelling Challenge #3 list sent home
Show & Tell: Kayla
- PE with Mr. Kelly (watching badminton CISVA singles championship)
- DPA with Miss Costales & Miss Guevara
- Early Dismissal at 2 pm
Show & Tell: Lucas
- Music with Miss Costales & Miss Guevara (Mr. Kelly @ Badminton)
- Spelling Challenge #3
- Parent Teacher Conferences - No School
- Please come at schedule time
- Please make childcare arrangements for pre-school aged siblings
Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt
- We will have our Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt on Tuesday, April 18th
- If you would like to send a treat for your child's classmates please make sure there are 31, they are nut free and they only have name of your child (not who they are for)
- Spelling Challenge #3: Please take the time to review your child's 5 spelling challenge words. Spelling Challenge #3 will be on Thursday, April 20th.
- Home reading: 15 minutes (please use "My Reading" book, "Readwell" book, and books from home)
- IXL: Choose an activity from any of the "Numbers and Counting" A.1 to F.9 section
Parking Lot Update: Changes have been made!
Please review Mrs. Moorehead's e-mail regarding parking lot closures and changes to traffic! Please review both documents attached in the email thoroughly to ensure the safety of all our children!
- The front parking lot is now closed to school families.
- The back parking lot continues to be open for drop off and pick up; before and after school.
- The north entrance is open; the roundabout by the parish centre is open again for drop off and pick up.
- Please be sure to update and inform all caregivers for your children of these changes.
- Monday, April 17th- Easter Monday (No School)
- Tuesday, April 18th- Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt
- Friday, April 21st- Student-Led Conferences - No Classes; you and your child will come to school for your conference at your scheduled time
- Monday, April 24th- Hot Lunch
- Monday, May 1st- Hot Lunch
- Thursday, May 4th- Jeans Day
- Friday, May 5th- Professional Day (No School)
Please let us know if you have an questions, comments or concerns!
Miss Costales & Miss Guevara
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org